Saturday, April 11, 2009

Judge, Criticize and Condemn


Matthew 7:1
DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.

1Cor. 6:2-3 Do you not know that the saints [the saved; Christians] will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Prov. 3:21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight;

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Jer. 22:3 Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness...

Phil. 1:10 So that you may be able to discern [judge] what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ...

Phil. 1:7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you [judge you]...

Matt 7:1 seems to support the allusion that we are not to judge at all if we use small-vision tactics by focusing on only that small piece of the total of what Jesus was saying.

Look at John 7:24. There, Jesus tells us to judge, but to do so righteously. Righteously means to use the Truth of the Word to discern sins and not by appearances only.

1Cor. 6:2-3 Do you not know that the saints (the believers) will [one day] judge and govern the world? And if the world [itself] is to be judged and ruled by you, are you unworthy and incompetent to try [such petty matters] of the smallest courts of justice?

Do you not know also that we [Christians] are to judge the [very] angels and pronounce opinion between right and wrong [for them]? How much more then [as to] matters pertaining to this world and of this life only!


As a Christian so many times I here others judging instead of Loving them---Most push one down further when they already feel they are at the bottom looking up, They push them down and have the attitude of you knew better, or you brought this one on yourself, or you just need to make better decisions. Or this time maybe you will learn your lesson!

We have all been there at sometime in our life. I feel there is a fine line between judging as “God” said we would, and just judging them to make our own self look better. Instead I believe the greatest act we could do is to “LOVE” them! This is the walk we should all practice for this is the greatest walk of all! As one church I have attended before says; Love the Hell out of them!

I know if it had not been for the Lord on my side I would be saying; where would I be without the Lord? He has kept me, he has protected me, he has always been there for me, he has been my rock, my provider, my comforter, my healer, my…… the list goes on!

So if we want the “Blessing” the “Benefits” from God we must choose to follow the ways of God, living a lifestyle pleasing unto him & this will bring “Glory” to him & the “Christ” lifestyle to us.

No comments: